Full, shapely breasts are an ultra-feminine feature that plays an important role in woman’s appeal. Some women are unhappy with what nature gave them. Others have lost breast shape and volume due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, significant weight loss, or aging.
Fortunately, women today have treatment options to achieve larger, fuller, lovelier breasts. At Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery, Dr. Javad Sajan performs breast augmentation procedures in Kirkland with dedication to surgical excellence and exquisite, natural-looking results.
Breast Augmentation with Implants in Kirkland
Surgery to place breast implants (augmentation mammaplasty) is the most commonly performed breast augmentation procedure. According to the American Society of Plastics Surgeons (ASPS), it is the number one cosmetic surgery in the U.S., with nearly 300,000 procedures performed in 2016.
Women undergo breast implant surgery to improve the appearance of their breasts. Benefits of breast augmentation with implants go far beyond making the breasts larger. In addition to increasing breast size, this procedure can also correct:
- Lack of fullness
- Poor cleavage
- Lack of projection
- Asymmetry between the breasts
- Lack of balance in body proportions
What Types of Breast Implants Are Available Today?
Women today have a variety of options for breast augmentation in Kirkland. There are several basic implant types to choose from, each with its own advantages. When you come to Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery for breast augmentation with implants, Dr. Sajan can help you select the right implant type for you based on your individual anatomy and aesthetic goals.
Saline Breast Implants
Saline breast implants consist of a silicone shell filled with sterile saline solution (salt water). They come in different sizes and textures and can be filled after they are placed in the body. Advantages of saline implants include:
- Smaller incisions, as the implants are filled after they are placed
- Natural solution easily absorbed by the body in case of a leak
- Flexibility to adjust the size after the implant is placed in the body
- More incision options than with silicone implants as smaller incisions are required
- Leak detection: In case of a rupture, a saline implant will collapse immediately
Silicone Breast Implants
Silicone implants, made of a silicone outer shell filled with silicone gel, are also available in a variety of sizes and textures. The main advantage of silicone breast implants is the way they feel. The silicone gel inside the implant shell is a gel substance that mimics the feel of real breast tissue.
Another advantage of silicone implants is that they are less likely to ripple or wrinkle than saline implants. This rippling effect is most noticeable in women who had very little breast tissue to begin with, before the implants were placed.
Gummy Bear Breast Implants
Form stable or cohesive gel implants are commonly known as “gummy bear implants” because they have a consistency similar to gummy bear candy. These implants are designed to mimic the natural slope and shape of the breasts and filled with thicker silicone gel that allows the implant to maintain a natural shape. Gummy bear implants have a textured outer shell, which helps prevent abnormal rotation after surgery.
Gummy bear implants provide more volume in the lower breast and slope gently to the upper breast for a more natural appearance. There is less chance of rippling or wrinkling with this type of implant because it is filled with firmer silicone gel.
Structured Saline Breast Implants
The latest type of breast implant is structured saline, an innovative design with a series of implant shells nestled together and two separate internal chambers to hold the saline solution. The internal structure of this implant is designed to:
- Control the flow of saline solution
- Reduce wrinkling and folding
- Help prevent rupture and deflation
This new implant aims to reduce concerns about silent rupture, an advantage of saline implants, while creating a natural look and feel similar to silicone implants.
Where Are Incisions Placed in Breast Augmentation Surgery?
When performing breast augmentation surgery in Kirkland, Dr. Sajan places incisions in inconspicuous areas to minimize visible scarring. Incision placement may depend on several factors, including the type of implant and the degree of enlargement. The four possible incision patterns for breast augmentation are:
- Inframammary: In the crease at the bottom of the breast
- Periareolar: Around the edge of the areola
- Transaxillary: In the armpit
- Transumbilical: Through the belly button
Breast Implant Placement: Over or Under the Muscle?
Once the incision is made in a breast implant procedure, the implant is placed inside a pocket, either under the pectoral muscle or under the breast tissue and over the muscle. Dr. Sajan will recommend the best implant placement based on factors including your body type and the type of implant being placed.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation in Kirkland
Breast augmentation with fat transfer may be a good option for patients who want modest enhancement and are not ready to undergo surgery. This procedure involves:
- Harvesting fat from stubborn deposits in other areas of the body using gentle liposuction
- Purifying the fat
- Injecting fat cells into the breasts to add volume, improve breast shape, and correct asymmetry
This minimally-invasive breast augmentation technique is increasing in popularity in the U.S. It can be performed without general anesthesia and requires less downtime than breast augmentation with implants. Benefits of fat transfer breast augmentation in Kirkland include:
- Increase in breast size of one to two cup sizes
- Removes fat from other areas to sculpt sleeker body contours
- Soft, natural-looking results
- Restores fat volume lost to pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, or aging
- No large incision scars
- Uses the body’s own natural fat (no chance of rejection)
- No risk of capsular contracture (a complication in which the scar capsule that forms around an implant contracts and constricts the implant)
Custom-Tailored Breast Augmentation in Kirkland
Women today have a wide range of breast augmentation options, including implant size, type, shape, texture, and placement. Women seeking modest augmentation also have the option of fat transfer as an alternative to implants. At Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery in Kirkland, Dr. Sajan can individually tailor a breast augmentation procedure to suit your unique needs.