Do you have stubborn fat layers around your waist that you can’t shed no matter how much you exercise or diet? Do you have sagging skin and fat tissues around your abs due to sudden weight loss? If so, an extended tummy tuck is the ideal procedure to remove excess fat and skin tissues, tighten abdominal muscles and create a flatter, more youthful and contoured stomach.
What is an extended tummy tuck?
An extended tummy tuck, also called an abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure used to contour your tummy, changing its current shape, size or both. During the procedure, excess fat and skin tissues are removed from the middle and lower abdominal regions and the abdominal muscles are tightened. Consequently, an extended tummy tuck gives you a lean appearance with a taut and flat tummy.
How is an extended tummy tuck different from a standard tummy tuck?
An extended tummy tuck is similar to a standard tummy tuck in many ways, the primary difference being the incision method. During a standard tummy tuck, an incision is made along the bikini line, i.e., from hip to hip around the belly button. During an extended tummy tuck, the incision stretches from the hips to the back, creating a tighter waistline.
An extended tummy tuck is usually suitable for people with excess sagging skin tissues around the abdomen region, usually due to a sudden weight loss. Dr. Sajan will examine your abdomen and discuss your cosmetic goals to determine which type of tummy tuck is ideal for your specific needs.
What are the benefits of an extended tummy tuck?
- Aesthetic Appearance: If performed correctly, an extended tummy tuck flattens your stomach and gives you a tight and sculpted abdomen. It reverses or removes all the damages caused by weight loss, pregnancy, age, stretch marks, etc.
- Confidence: Most people feel more confident about themselves and their body if they have a flatter stomach. An extended tummy tuck gives you the confidence you need to flaunt your skin, especially during the summers.
- Tighten Abdominal Muscles: An extended tummy tuck doesn’t only remove excess skin and fat tissues, but it also tightens your abdominal muscles. As such, it restores your muscular definition, giving your abs the kind of sculpted appearance you can’t get through exercise alone.
Am I a suitable candidate for an extended tummy tuck?
You’re a suitable candidate for an extended tummy tuck if you:
- Are in generally good health.
- Want to remove excess fat and skin tissues from the midsection.
- Want to tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Want to achieve a sculpted and toned appearance.
- Have reasonable expectations from the procedure.
- Can commit to a lifestyle that allows you to maintain the tummy tuck results.
- Don’t have serious medical conditions that prevent healing.
- Don’t intend to get pregnant soon.
How to maintain the extended tummy tuck results?
An extended tummy tuck’s results can last for as long as a lifetime if you’re committed to making the necessary lifestyle implementations, such as committing to a healthy diet and exercise plan and avoiding processed or sugary foods. If you can’t maintain a similar lifestyle, you’ll likely lose some of your hard-won contours again.
Allure Esthetic, extended tummy tuck specialists
At Allure Esthetic, Dr. Sajan carefully examines your abdomen and discusses your cosmetic goals and lifestyle to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for the procedure. Dr. Sajan personalizes each treatment to his patients’ specific needs, ensuring you achieve the flattened and taut tummy you’ve always wanted.