Beautifully round, full breasts can be an important part of feminine confidence and attractive appeal. Women who would like to enhance the size, shape, and symmetry of their breasts can benefit from a breast augmentation procedure with Dr. Sajan.
What is breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that enhances the breasts with implants to create a fuller, larger size, and attractive, feminine symmetry and proportions. Breast augmentation is for women who have always had small breasts and wanted larger ones, or who have lost breast volume after pregnancy, significant weight loss, or due to the natural aging process.
Benefits of breast augmentation
Breast augmentation is a life-changing procedure for many women who have always wanted larger, fuller, and more shapely breasts–as they experience an enhanced quality of life. This is why breast augmentation is such a popular procedure. Benefits include the following:
- Balanced breast symmetry
- Restoration of full, beautiful breasts after pregnancy or weight loss
- Curving, feminine proportions
- Rejuvenated, shapely breasts that are restored to achieve a more youthful appearance
- Improved confidence and quality of life
- A more attractive fit in clothing
Breast augmentation options
Dr. Sajan customizes your breast augmentation procedure to suit your needs and personal goals for your breasts. Customization includes the type, size, shape, profile, and texture of your implants. During your consultation, Dr. Sajan will discuss your choices with you in great detail so that you can make an informed decision, test different sizes and shapes of implants, and feel confident about your choice.
Choices include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Silicone implants: Silicone implants are made of a viscous silicone gel that feels and looks very natural, with a shape and bounce much like that of natural breasts. Silicone implants provide a plump, full appearance, and include a variety of options to choose from. “Gummy bear” silicone implants are one of the most popular forms of silicone implants.
- Gummy Bear Implants: Gummy bear implants are made of a cohesive gel that is formed in a natural teardrop shape to mimic the form, and feel of natural breasts. Gummy bear implants can provide a larger, natural-looking cup size and have a reduced risk of rippling, folding, or rupture.
- Saline implants: Saline implants are silicone shells filled with sterile saltwater. Saline implants are placed in the breasts without being filled, usually through a small incision in the armpit or belly button. Once they are in place, Dr. Sajan will carefully fill them to provide symmetrical, round, beautiful breasts. While saline-filled implants feel less natural than silicone implants, they are considered a safer choice. In the rare case of rupture, the saline is harmless.
- Under the muscle placement: This type of implant placement is ideal for women with smaller breasts. The chest muscle over the implant provides coverage and support, achieving a natural-looking effect.
- Over the muscle placement: This type of implant placement may require a shorter recovery period as the chest muscle is not manipulated during surgery. This technique may be ideal for women with more natural breast tissue to provide natural coverage for the implant.
Dr. Sajan will take into consideration the size and type of your implants, your natural physique and other factors to determine where the incisions will be. He ensures his incisions are made to minimize scarring as much as possible. Typically, incisions are made in the following ways:
- under the natural crease of the breasts
- around the areola
- in the natural folds of the armpits or the belly button
The profile of the implant refers to how far the implant will project outward from the chest. The profile of implants ranges from wider and flatter to narrower, with more projection. Implant profiles include the following:
Am I a candidate for breast augmentation?
Women who want to enhance and beautify their breasts are usually candidates for breast augmentation. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Are you in good physical and mental health
- Do not smoke
- Have fully developed breasts
- Are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- If saline implants are desired, are 18 years old or older
- If silicone implants are desired, are 21 years old or older
- Are unhappy with the size or appearance of your breasts
- Are experiencing breast deflation, uneven or small breasts
- Have realistic expectations about what breast augmentation can achieve
Breast augmentation surgical procedure
Your breast augmentation will be performed under general anesthesia. Once this has taken effect, Dr. Sajan will make the necessary incisions for your custom procedure. He will then place the implants into a pocket created either above or partially beneath the pectoral muscles. Once they are in place, Dr. Sajan will carefully suture the incisions closed, taking care to keep any potential scarring as minimal as possible.
Recovery after breast augmentation
You’ll be able to return home with a friend or family member after your breast augmentation procedure. Postoperative pain and soreness can be managed with pain medication, but it’s important to rest and allow yourself time to recuperate for 1-2 weeks. Avoid strenuous motions or exercise, and do not bend or lean over, nor lift anything more than five pounds.
Wait for 4-6 weeks and get a clearance from Dr. Sajan before returning to exercise or any type of more vigorous activities.
Why choose Dr. Sajan?
Dr. Javad Sajan is a highly awarded plastic surgeon and a leading international expert in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, he uses his significant abilities and dedication to excellence to achieve beautiful, stellar outcomes for his patients. Dr. Sajan’s experience and expertise as a plastic surgeon make him a top choice for women who would like breast augmentation.