A woman’s breasts can often be central to her feelings of femininity. Breasts that are small, sagging, or asymmetrical can negatively impact self-confidence.
Breast augmentation continues to be a very popular cosmetic procedure and has made women all over the world feel better about themselves. If you are dissatisfied with the size, shape, or projection of your breasts, a breast augmentation is the answer. Dr. Sajan is committed to helping you customize a breast augmentation that looks perfectly balanced and natural.
Why choose breast augmentation surgery?
Women who are dissatisfied with what nature gave them often turn to breast augmentation as a solution. If you have gone through pregnancy and breastfeeding, significant weight fluctuations, or your breasts have changed due to aging, breast augmentation surgery can restore a youthful projection and fullness.
For years women in Portland have been undergoing breast augmentation surgery to address:
- Sagging breasts
- Loss of volume
- Small breasts
- Lack of cleavage
You may feel that your clothing doesn’t fit as it should, or you have a hard time finding correct sizes because your breasts are not balanced with your hips. Breast augmentation can help you achieve better proportions and a full, shapely bust.
Types of Breast Augmentation in Portland
Vast improvements to implants and surgical advancements have led to a high degree of customization for breast augmentation procedures. There are many sizes, shapes, and materials for implants, in addition to new developments in minimally invasive breast enhancement.
Understanding the differences between breast augmentation options will help you make a more informed decision. Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery offers patients a variety of enhancement options to meet your unique needs.
Implants are made from a variety of materials. Your options include:
- Saline implants filled with a saltwater solution. They can also be filled after being inserted, requiring a smaller incision. The saline solution is not harmful in the event of a rupture or leak.
- Structured saline implants are filled with the same salt water solution, but have chambers that regulate the movement of saline, giving the implant a more natural feel.
- Silicone implants that are filled with a silicone gel that feels like natural breast tissue and won’t ripple or wrinkle. These implants are lighter and more natural in feel than saline.
- Gummy bear implants are made of a firm gel that holds its shape. They are typically shaped with a thicker bottom and tapered top to mimic a natural, youthful breast shape. The outside of the implant is textured to hold it in place after surgery.
The type of implant you have will depend on many factors – and the most important is what you envision for your body. Dr. Sajan will work closely with you to develop a customized treatment plan.
In natural fat transfer for breast augmentation, natural fat is harvested from another area of the body and injected into the breasts as an alternative to breast implants. This minimally-invasive form of breast augmentation results in virtually imperceptible scarring and a shorter recovery time.
During the procedure, fat is removed from an area of your body with an excess (such as love handles) with a customized liposuction system. The harvested fat is then purified and injected into your breasts. The fat cells provide a completely natural look and feel. There is also very little risk of complications.
Is a fat transfer breast augmentation better than implants?
There may be specific breast augmentation procedure that is right for you, but there is not one procedure that is better for everyone across the board.
Fat transfer augmentation is advantageous for women who want to increase the size of their breasts by one or two cup sizes, but women who want a more dramatic increase in breast size may benefit from breast augmentation with implants. Additionally, women who have very little excess body fat may not have the necessary fat reserves from which to harvest natural fat.
For those who opt for breast implants, there are an array of shapes, sizes, and materials available to give you the look and feel you desire.
Options for Implant Placement
Implants can typically be placed either above or below the pectoral muscle.
When placed above the muscle, or subglandular, the implants can provide more of a lift for those with sagging breasts. Recovery time may be shorter for this placement option.
Submuscular placement, when the implants are placed below the pectoral muscle is the most common implant placement for a natural look and feel. The risk of wrinkling or rippling is also reduced because there is more natural tissue to covering the implant.
Will I have visible scarring?
Dr. Sajan uses discreet incisions whenever possible to diminish the appearance of scars. Incisions patterns include:
- Inframammary incisions along the breast crease. This is the most popular type of incision and the scar is typically concealed in the crease and easily hidden by clothing or undergarments.
- Periareolar incisions around the edge of the areola can be used when an augmentation is paired with a breast lift. The scar is usually hidden in the natural transition in pigmentation around the areola.
- Transaxillary incisions are placed in the armpit and the implant is moved into place using a camera and other instruments. There is only a small scar in the armpit area but no scarring on the breasts.
- Transumbilical involves a small incision near the belly button. In this case the implants are also moved into position with instruments after being inserted
Every individual heals differently from surgery. However, Dr. Sajan will outline ways to avoid infection and properly care for your incisions to promote swift healing. Adhering to this aftercare plan will help your incisions heal without issue and minimize visible scarring.
Over time your scar will likely heal to a thin line. Most incision patterns allow for very discreet scars that are barely noticeable. The scars are typically concealed in the natural crease under the breast.
Choosing the Right Breast Augmentation Surgeon in Portland
As breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures, you will encounter many options for cosmetic surgeons in Portland. Dr. Sajan’s years of experience, diverse research, and refined surgical techniques have made him an internationally-recognized surgeon and a great choice for Portland breast augmentation. He customizes each breast augmentation to help women achieve natural looking breasts. The beauty of the procedure will be revealed in your life after the procedure and the great increase in self-confidence you will experience – it can be life changing.