Liposuction in Bellevue
Liposuction is a popular cosmetic treatment, with more than 235,000 procedures performed in the U.S. in a recent year, as reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) statistics. Contrary to a common misconception, liposuction is not a weight loss treatment, but rather a cosmetic procedure to remove stubborn fat in areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. At Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery in Bellevue, Dr. Javad Sajan performs liposuction in Bellevue with artistry and skill to help patients achieve a sleeker, shapelier, more proportionate body.
Why Have Liposuction in Bellevue?
It can be frustrating when you are working to achieve your ideal body but stubborn fat deposits in certain areas resist all your fitness efforts. Stubborn fat can accumulate and persist, no matter how well you eat or how diligently you exercise, in areas such as the:
- Upper back
- Upper arms
- Under the chin
Liposuction is an efficient fat-removal procedure that can help you achieve better body proportions and a slimmer, sleeker look. Advanced liposuction techniques have made this popular treatment more effective and low-risk than ever.
What Are the Benefits of Liposuction in Bellevue?
The popularity of liposuction is growing in the U.S., with a 6% increase year to year. The increasing popularity of this procedure can be explained by its significant advantages, including:
- Treats trouble spots: Although it is not designed for overall weight loss, liposuction is the “go to” procedure for treating specific areas of stubborn fat. It can effectively target larger areas, such as the thighs, buttocks, and stomach, as well as smaller areas, such as under the chin.
- Reshapes the body: People who have achieved an ideal weight may still be unhappy with their body shape if they are carrying a disproportionate amount of weight in the hips, thighs, buttocks, or upper arms. In a liposuction procedure in Bellevue, Dr. Sajan can sculpt the body to create a more proportionate shape without unhealthy weight loss.
- Reduces fat production: A liposuction procedure actually removes fat cells, and once they are gone, they are no longer able to accumulate and store fat. With proper diet and exercise, liposuction produces long-lasting results.
- Stimulates collagen growth: Collagen is the protein that helps keeps the skin firm, tight, and wrinkle free. As we age, collagen production begins to slow down, leading to loose, sagging skin and wrinkles. In addition to fat cell removal, advanced laser liposuction techniques can stimulate the growth of collagen, using the body’s natural healing response to create firmer, smoother, younger-looking skin.
What Are the Different Types of Liposuction in Bellevue
Dr. Sajan at Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery offers a range of advanced liposuction procedures in Bellevue. After an in-depth consultation and evaluation of your anatomy, he can recommend the appropriate liposuction treatment to achieve your aesthetic goals.
This procedure involves creating a tiny incision through which a cannula (thin metal tube) is inserted into the targeted area of stubborn fat. Fluid is injected into the area and the cannula is used to detach and remove fat cells.
To begin the tumescent liposuction procedure, Dr. Sajan injects a solution containing local anesthetic into the treatment area. The solution causes the fat cells to swell, making them easier to remove with liposuction. It also shrinks blood vessels, for less post-surgical swelling and bruising, and makes the treatment more comfortable for the patient.
In VASER liposuction, a tumescent fluid containing anesthetic is injected into the targeted areas. This technique uses high-frequency ultrasound vibration to break the fat cells apart for removal. After the vibration gently loosens the fat cells and emulsifies the tumescent fluid, a small cannula is used to remove the liquid and fat cells from the body.
SmartLipo is a minimally-invasive treatment with a rapid recovery period. This laser-assisted liposuction technique uses light energy to reduce stubborn fat and tone and tighten the skin. SmartLipo is a safe, effective procedure that can remove inches from targeted areas.
What Should I Expect In a Liposuction Procedure?
Depending on the extent of treatment, liposuction may be performed under local or general anesthesia or IV sedation. Before treatment, Dr. Sajan will mark circles and lines on the targeted areas. In a tumescent liposuction procedure, he will inject a sterile solution containing anesthetic into the treatment areas.
The next step is to make small incisions through which a cannula is inserted, connected to a vacuum to suction fat and fluids from the body. In ultrasound-assisted (VASER) liposuction, a metal rod that emits ultrasound energy is inserted under the skin to break up fat cells. In laser-assisted liposuction (SmartLipo), a laser fiber is inserted through a small incision to emulsify fat deposits.
A liposuction procedure can take up to several hours to perform, depending on the extent of treatment. If tumescent liposuction is performed, Dr. Sajan may leave your incisions open to promote drainage of fluid from the treated area.
What Is Recovery Like after Liposuction in Bellevue?
Recovery time after liposuction varies from person to person, depending on the specific patient, the extent of treatment, and the type of liposuction performed. You can expect some initial soreness and tenderness in the treatment areas, and possibly redness and bruising. Prescription medications can help reduce discomfort during your recovery.
Swelling is a normal part of recovery after liposuction. To help reduce swelling:
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Eat a healthy, low-sodium diet
- Get plenty of rest to speed the healing process
Who Is a Good Candidate for Liposuction in Bellevue?
The best candidates for liposuction in Bellevue are women and men in good general health who are near their ideal weight but struggle with excess fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise. Patients with good skin elasticity achieve better results with liposuction. However, for those with minimal laxity of the skin, VASER liposuction can be performed to tone and tighten the skin and enhance body contouring results.
To find out if you are a good candidate for liposuction in Bellevue, schedule a consultation with Dr. Javad Sajan at Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery. After careful evaluation and in-depth discussion of your medical history and cosmetic goals, Dr. Sajan can tell you if you are a good candidate and custom-tailor the best liposuction Bellevue has for you.
Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery(206) 209-0988
Contact our Seattle location in Washington