The shape and size of the breasts can affect a woman’s self-image and how attractive and sensual she feels. Some women are unhappy with what nature gave them to begin with. Others have lost breast shape and volume to pregnancy, breastfeeding, significant weight loss, or aging. At Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery in Bellevue, we perform arguably the best breast augmentation Bellevue has to offer with artistry and skill for our patients who want fuller, shapelier, lovelier breasts.
Treatment Options for Breast Augmentation in Bellevue
Women who want to enhance the size and shape of their breasts have options today. Dr. Javad Sajan performs two different types of breast augmentation procedures in Bellevue:
Breast Augmentation with Implants
This is a popular surgical procedure in which saline or silicone gel-filled implants are placed to add shape and volume to the breasts and to correct asymmetry. At Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery in Bellevue, breast implant surgery is custom-tailored to the individual patient, with options that include:
- Type of implant
- Size and shape of implant
- Texture of implant
- Placement of implant (under or over the muscle)
- Incision placement
After discussing your aesthetic goals and carefully evaluating your anatomy, Dr. Sajan can design a breast augmentation surgical plan specifically for you.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Fat transfer may be a good option for patients who want a modest increase in volume and to enhance the shape of their breasts but do not choose to undergo surgery. This procedure uses no implants, does not require large incisions, and can be performed without general anesthesia.
With breast augmentation fat transfer in Bellevue, patients can double their cosmetic benefits. In a two-step process:
- Dr. Sajan uses gentle liposuction to remove fat from stubborn deposits in the belly, thighs, hips, flanks, or buttocks, slimming and sculpting the donor area.
- The fat is purified and injected into the breasts at varying depths to add fullness, improve the shape, and restore symmetry.
This method of breast of breast augmentation in Bellevue is becoming increasingly popular because of the benefits it offers, including:
- Soft, natural-looking, understated results
- Restores fat volume and increases breast size by one to two cup sizes
- No chance of rejection or allergic reaction to your body’s own natural fat
- Minimally-invasive procedure with minimal discomfort and downtime
- No large incision scars
- No risk of capsular contracture (a complication associated with implants in which the scar tissue capsule contracts and constricts the implant)
Breast Augmentation FAQs
Many women today are seeking breast augmentation procedures for a more attractive, better proportioned body and to enhance feminine allure. Here we have provided answers to some commonly asked questions about breast augmentation in Bellevue.
What types of breast implants are available today?
All breast implants are filled silicone shells. Each type of implant has its own advantages. The basic breast implant types are:
- Saline implants: Saline implants are filled with sterile saline solution (salt water), which can be easily absorbed by the body should the implant leak. The shells can be filled after they are placed in the body, which requires smaller incisions, and the size can be adjusted after surgery. If a rupture occurs, saline implants collapse, so there is no need for diagnostic testing to check for leakage.
- Silicone gel implants: These implants are filled with silicone gel, which has a consistency similar to molasses. They have a soft, natural feel and a lower rate of wrinkling, rippling, and capsular contracture. As silicone has a lighter weight than saline, silicone implants have less chance of migrating downward due to gravity.
- Gummy bear (cohesive gel) implants: Gummy bear implants utilize cohesive silicone gel, similar in consistency to gummy bears, which can hold together better in the event of a rupture. These implants are available in teardrop and other shapes for a more natural-looking breast shape to suit your body type.
What is the best implant placement method – over or under the pectoral muscles?
Dr. Sajan can recommend the best implant placement based on your unique anatomy and cosmetic goals. The two main methods for placing breast implants are:
- Subglandular (under the breast tissue, over the muscle): This method may be appropriate for women with larger breasts and some sagging, as it can give an immediate lift to the breasts. The main advantage of subglandular placement is that the implant is placed above the pectoral muscles and therefore not displaced by muscular contraction. Placement over the muscle can also lead to easier recovery.
- Submuscular (under the pectoral muscles): This is the most common placement for breast implants today. As much of the implant’s surface is covered by the muscle, the breasts look and feel more natural, and there is less risk of rippling or wrinkling. An important advantage of submuscular placement is a significantly reduced risk of capsular contracture compared to subglandular placement.
How does fat transfer breast augmentation compare to breast augmentation with implants?
Fat transfer, which uses your body’s own fat to augment the breasts, produces the softest, more natural-looking results. Also, you never have to worry about implant rupture and replacement or complications such as capsular contracture. However, a fat transfer procedure can only achieve a moderate increase in breast size – one to two cup sizes – while implants can achieve a significant increase in both size and projection.
Breast augmentation with fat transfer is a virtually scarless procedure that can transform the entire body, as other areas can be slimmed and sculpted while harvesting fat to augment the breasts. However, it does nothing to lift sagging breasts, and not everyone has enough body fat to perform the procedure.
How do I know which breast augmentation options are right for me?
Patients have a wide variety of options in breast augmentation today, including choices of fat transfer or implants, implant type, size, texture, and placement. It makes sense to seek guidance from a medical professional well-versed in all the pros and cons. When you come to Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery in Bellevue for a breast augmentation consultation, Dr. Sajan will individually tailor a breast augmentation treatment plan for you.
Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery(206) 209-0988
Contact our Seattle location in Washington